Senior Consultant, Public Affairs – London
We are looking for an experienced senior consultant to join our growing team. You will have at least 4 years’ experience gained from working in a political environment, such as a consultancy, in parliament, an in-house role, a think tank, or combination. You will be a self-starter with a keen interest in policy and politics and the right attitude to proactively lead client accounts, engage with policymakers and build relationships with stakeholders. You will be experienced in devising and delivering impactful campaigns, as well as managing client relationships and providing leadership to team members. An active participation within party politics is also welcome but not essential.
The role will have a core focus on health and healthtech policy and communications, a big growth area for the company. We are looking for someone who has a strong grounding in health policy and understands the changing health environment, including medical devices, tech and AI. The role will involve leading on and supporting existing client accounts, identifying and realising growth and new business opportunities, coordinating activity with our Senior Advisors, providing direction to the team and line management responsibilities.
We are working with companies helping to make significant advances for patients, for example companies that offer monitoring patches or implantable devices for disease areas such as atrial fibrillation or heart failure, remote monitoring and care platforms aimed reducing clinician workload or medical companies at an early stage of expansion into the UK, looking at understanding the UK environment and key players within it.
You will ideally have:
- At least 4 years’ experience in a relevant political environment, such as consultancy, in-house, thinktank or Parliament
- Knowledge of UK Parliament & devolved administrations, politics, procedure and policy
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of health policy and communications
- A track-record of project management and/or account management, including setting strategy and tracking budgets
- Experience of helping develop and line manage team members
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent work ethic with a proactive can-do attitude
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Participation/interest in party politics is desirable but not essential
- A degree in a relevant field (Politics, International Politics, History, Public Policy) is desirable but not essential
Closing date: 4th February, though please note we may conduct interviews and appoint before the deadline.
Contact: Please send a two-page CV and a one-page cover letter outlining how your experience meets the job criteria, to email@example.com. Due to number of entries we cannot guarantee a response to all applications received.