Senior Consultant – London
We are looking for a senior consultant to join our growing team. You will have at least 4 years’ experience gained from working in a political environment, such as a consultancy, in parliament, in-house, a think tank, or combination. You will be a self-starter with a keen interest in policy and politics and the right attitude to proactively lead client accounts, engage with policymakers and build relationships with stakeholders. You will be experienced in devising and delivering impactful campaigns, as well as managing client relationships and providing leadership to team members. An active participation within party politics is also welcome but not essential.
Our main focus areas are technology, health and sustainability, and so we are looking for candidates with particular experience and interest in one or more of these areas. We are working in exciting areas and with innovative companies, a few current examples include a showcasing a healthtech provider making significant advances for patients, supporting a leading tech platform around the Online Safety Bill and connecting a sustainability company with UK policymakers.
As a Senior Consultant you will:
- Be the day-to-day lead and/or support on several client accounts, helping to set strategy, manage delivery, oversee budgets and development relationships
- Provide high quality public affairs advice and analysis, intelligence and monitoring
- Give direction to colleagues by supporting and motivating consultants within your client teams
- Play a part in line management, developing and mentoring one or two direct line reports
- Support our marketing and communications
- Help to identify and realise organic growth and new business opportunities
You will ideally have:
- At least 4 years’ experience in a relevant political environment, such as consultancy, in-house, thinktank or Parliament
- Knowledge of UK Parliament & devolved administrations, politics, procedure and policy
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of one or more of health, tech or sustainability policy
- A track-record of project management and/or account management, including setting strategy and tracking budgets
- Experience of helping develop and line manage team members
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Excellent work ethic with a proactive can-do attitude
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Participation/interest in party politics is desirable but not essential
- A degree in a relevant field (Politics, International Politics, History, Public Policy) is desirable but not essential
Location: London, with a flexible hybrid approach
Salary: Circa £35,000-£45,000 dependent on experience
Closing date: 30 April, though please note we may conduct interviews and appoint before the deadline. Starting date will be ideally as soon as possible.
Contact: Please send a two-page CV and a one-page cover letter outlining how your experience meets the job criteria, to email@example.com. Due to number of entries we cannot guarantee a response to all applications received.