Position: Public Affairs Consultant
Working for: Political Intelligence
Details: Political Intelligence is an independent public affairs consultancy that helps organisations participate in the policy making process. We have over twenty years’ experience in providing our clients with practical public affairs advice to help them navigate the political and regulatory environment and communicate their positions effectively to the relevant stakeholders. We have experience and expertise in a variety of sectors, including the Internet, telecommunications and wider technology space as well as energy/utilities, healthcare and transport. We also have a strong heritage in managing industry trade associations and alliances.
The role: We are looking for a consultant to join our friendly London office based in the Old Street/Moorgate area. The right candidate is likely to have between 1-2 years’ experience in a relevant political environment, such as working for an MP, a thinktank, within the civil service or a consultancy. Experience or interest in tech, health or energy would be desirable but not essential. Equally, candidates with their own political network or who are politically active would be of interest.
We work with a mixture of well-known companies as well as SMEs, charities and trade associations and follow a number interesting and challenging policy areas that are high on the political agenda. Following positive business growth during 2018, we are looking to strengthen the team to support, and in some instances lead the work for a range of these accounts. The role will encompass the full range of public affairs activity, from providing strategic counsel, managing stakeholder engagement rounds, monitoring political and policy developments, drafting briefings and event management. You will also contribute to new business and marketing initiatives.
The successful candidate will have:
- Knowledge of UK Parliament, politics, procedure and policy
- A degree in a relevant field (Politics, International Politics, History, Public Policy) is desirable but not essential
- Between 1-2 years’ experience in a political environment
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Confidence in using social media
- Solid work ethic with a can-do attitude
- Participation/interest in party politics is desirable but not essential
- Interest in tech, energy or health is desirable but not essential
Closing date: Monday 12th November though please note we may conduct interviews and appoint before the deadline. Starting date will ideally be as soon as possible.
Contact: Please send a two page CV and a one page cover letter outlining how your experience meets the job criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org