EU Public policy consultant Energy & Transport-Brussels
Political Intelligence is looking for an experienced EU Public Affairs consultant in the Energy and transport sectors to design and coordinate cross-sectoral strategies for our clients in this related fields.
We are seeking a creative person who has strong roots in the EU Bubble and would like to work with a dynamic team of Public Affairs professionals.
The consultant will be based in our Brussels office and will work with diverse stakeholders within and outside the company, identify and mitigate policy threats that our clients may face, as well as build the political support.
- Identify policy /legislative opportunities and threats for our clients
- Strategic advice on Energy and Transport regulatory challenges
- Investigation into legislative initiatives and timely reporting to the clients
- Draft policy analyses, position papers, guidance documents, and informative papers
- Liaise with key EU decision-makers and stakeholders and help building partnerships
- You have at least 1-3 years of relevant experience in public affairs, specialising in the Energy and Transport sectors (e.g. EU institutions, in-house, consultancy firm etc.)
- You have experience working for a European trade association
- You have a sound knowledge of the EU and institutions
- You hold a university degree in one of the following fields: political science, law or Transport or Energy related fields
- You have a good knowledge of Energy and Transport policies at the EU level
- You have excellent written and verbal skills in English and have the ability to distil complex policy issues into simple explanations and compelling messages. Other EU languages is an asset.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and analyse legislation, rules and regulations
- You have excellent communication skills and can explain complex issues clearly and concisely
- You are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skill
- You have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals and building good networks of contacts
- You are a team player with a can-do attitude and willingness to jump into any task
You will join
- A recognised a public and regulatory affairs consultancy, with over 20 years’ of lobbying experience that has managed to build long term relationships with its clients and become both trusted advisors and an integral part of their own team
- A dynamic multi-national team of consultants
- A job in the centre of Brussels easily accessible by public transport
- A growing company where you can learn new skills and where there is room for initiatives and creativity
- A positive and caring environment with strong team spirit atmosphere and sharing knowledge spirit
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with reference job 0721 highlighting how you fit best to each of the requirements above. We value individuality and variety, so use your judgement and write in your own voice (please no standard letters). Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: 28/02/2021