EU Public Policy communications internship – Brussels
PI is seeking to reinforce its communication team by including an English-speaking communications intern who will join our team and support our public affairs efforts with communication campaigns.
The internship is based in our Brussels office.
The role will involve:
- Drafting content such as updates and articles for websites, newsletters, and press releases
- Managing and updating websites
- Supporting the organization of events for PI and its clients (press events, conferences, meetings, etc)
- Working with the team to implement communications strategies and projects
- Proposing interesting and relevant news angles for outreach to media
- Implementing social media strategy across social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube), including creating content, daily posting, replying to comments, etc.
- Assisting in the creation and design of digital materials in line with the brand identity of the organization
- Supporting the team in daily tasks including emails, sending newsletters etc.
- Assisting with other types of tasks including administrative support, database and mailing list management, drafting of reports and minutes, etc.
- Education: Recent graduate or in final stages of their studies in Communication Science, Public Relations, Journalism, Political or International sciences or other related field
- Work permit in Belgium
- English mother-tongue
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the workings of the EU and its policies
- Experience with WordPress or other website platforms (preferable)
- Excellent knowledge of social media management
- Proven experience of (at least) one data visualization project
- Ability to transfer website traffic into visual statistics (preferable)
- You are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skill
- You have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals and building good networks of contacts
- You are a team player with a can-do attitude and willingness to jump into any task
- There will be an allowance of +/- 800 € per month
- Full reimbursement of public transport
- Meal vouchers
- The internship will start ideally as soon as possible for a period of 4 to 6 months
- The office working languages are English, Dutch and French
You will join
At Political Intelligence you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our numerous public affairs successes over the years and longevity of the partnership with our clients reflect the efforts we put on being a transparent and trustful partner.
By joining our team, you will be working in a medium-sized company and growing environment where you can learn and develop new skills and where there is room for initiatives and creativity. We share a positive and caring spirit based on sharing knowledge and respect.
- A young, dynamic multi-national team of consultants
- A job in the centre of Brussels easily accessible by public transport
- A growing company where you can learn new skills and where there is room for initiatives and creativity
- A positive and caring environment with strong team spirit atmosphere and sharing knowledge spirit
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume and cover letter before 10 March 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference job 06/21 highlighting how you fit best to each of the requirements above. We value individuality and variety, so use your judgement and write in your own voice (please no standard letters). Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.