EU Public Policy Communication Consultant – Brussels
Political Intelligence (PI) is looking for an experienced Communication Consultant to join our communication team and support our public affairs efforts with communication campaigns. The consultant will play a leading role in developing and managing communication projects contributing to our clients’ strategic goals.
- Develop storytelling and narratives in line with the policy objectives of our clients and communicate advice to key decision-makers and stakeholders;
- Develop communication tools for policy campaigns including websites, blogs, handouts, presentations, reference documents, branding etc., alongside external partners;
- Implement and nurture social media and communication channels to leverage the policy objectives of our clients;
- Identify media and speaking opportunities for our clients;
- In charge of developing and coordinating publications;
- Ad hoc support/coordination of policy events;
- Draft press releases and pitch stories to journalists under a tight deadline.
- Education: Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field (Communications, Public Relations, or Journalism)
- You have 1 to 3 years of experience in an international organisation or non-profit organisation (in the EU institutions, in-house, consultancy firm, etc.)
- You have a sound knowledge of the EU and institutions
- You have experience on EU Public policies
- You are interested in being on top of policy issues in fast-moving sectors
- You are a native speaker of Dutch or French and have a good to very good knowledge of the second national language and English
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have excellent knowledge of social media management
- You are detail-oriented, with excellent organisational, prioritisation, and multi-tasking skills
- You have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals and building good networks of contacts
- You enjoy being part of a team, working closely together with clients and colleagues
You will join
- A young, dynamic, multi-national team of talented consultants
- A job in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport
- A medium-sized company and growing environment where you can learn and develop new skills and where there is room for initiative and creativity
- A positive and caring environment with strong team spirit atmosphere
We offer an attractive package that includes extra holiday, a full medical coverage, working from home flexibility, the full reimbursement of public transport, meal vouchers, a company iPhone at your disposal and paid mobile subscriptions, training opportunities…
At Political Intelligence you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our numerous public affairs successes over the years and longevity of the partnership with our clients reflect the efforts we put on being a transparent and trustful partner.
By joining our team, you will be working in a medium-sized company and growing environment where you can learn and develop new skills and where there is room for initiatives and creativity. We share a positive and caring spirit based on sharing knowledge and respect.
How to apply
Do you want to join our team? Then please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference 1921 highlighting how you fit best to each of the requirements above. We value individuality and variety, so use your judgement and write in your own voice.