Do you have a passion for the European debate and good knowledge of EU public affairs? Do you have experience with Food or Health policy? Are you a creative soul and good communicator? Then you are the perfect match!
At Political Intelligence you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our numerous public affairs successes over the years and longevity of the partnership with our clients reflect the efforts we put on being a transparent and trustful partner.
By joining our team, you will be working in a medium-sized company and growing environment where you can learn and develop new skills and where there is room for initiatives and creativity. We share a positive and caring spirit based on sharing knowledge and respect.
The consultant will be based in our Brussels office and will work with diverse stakeholders within and outside the company, identify and mitigate policy threats that our clients may face, as well as build the political support.
- Identify policy opportunities and threats for our clients
- Strategic advice on current EU public and regulatory affairs issues
- Investigation into political initiatives and identifying existing and future trends
- Liaise with key EU decision-makers and stakeholders
- You have at least 1-3 years of relevant experience in public affairs, specialising in the Health or Food sectors (e.g. EU institutions, in-house, consultancy firm etc.)
- You have experience working for a European/trade association
- You hold a university degree in one of the following fields: food science, nutrition, political science, law or related field
- You have a good knowledge of food safety and nutrition policies at the EU level
- You have excellent written and verbal skills in English and have the ability to distil complex policy issues into simple explanations and compelling messages. Other EU languages is an asset.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and analyse legislation, rules and regulations
- You have excellent communication skills and can explain complex issues clearly and concisely
- You are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skill
- You have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals and building good networks of contacts
- You are a team player with a can-do attitude and willingness to jump into any task
You will join
- A young, dynamic multi-national team of consultants
- A job in the centre of Brussels easily accessible by public transport
- A growing company where you can learn new skills and where there is room for initiatives and creativity
- A positive and caring environment with strong team spirit atmosphere and sharing knowledge spirit
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference job 03/21 highlighting how you fit best to each of the requirements above. We value individuality and variety, so use your judgement and write in your own voice (please no standard letters).