Political Intelligence is looking for an experienced EU Public Affairs consultant in Food and Health sector to design and coordinate cross-sectoral strategies for our clients in this related field and develop internally this practise
We are seeking a creative person who has strong roots in the EU Bubble and would like to work with a dynamic team of Public Affairs professionals. Scientific background in food science or similar is a strong asset.
The consultant will be based in our Brussels office and will work with diverse stakeholders within and outside the company, identify and mitigate policy threats that our clients may face, as well as build the political support.
- Identify policy /legislative opportunities and threats for our clients
- Strategic advice on food safety regulatory challenges
- Investigation into legislative initiatives and timely reporting to the clients
- Draft policy analyses, position papers, guidance documents, and informative papers
- Liaise with key EU decision-makers and stakeholders and help building partnerships
- You have at least 1-3 years of relevant experience in public affairs, specialising in the Food and/or Health sectors (e.g. EU institutions, in-house, consultancy firm etc.)
- You have experience working for a European trade association
- You hold a university degree in one of the following fields: food science, nutrition, political science, law or related field
- You have a good knowledge of food safety and nutrition policies at the EU level
- You have excellent written and verbal skills in English and have the ability to distil complex policy issues into simple explanations and compelling messages. Other EU languages is an asset.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and analyse legislation, rules and regulations
- You have excellent communication skills and can explain complex issues clearly and concisely
- You are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skill
- You have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals and building good networks of contacts
- You are a team player with a can-do attitude and willingness to jump into any task
By joining our team, you will be working in a medium-sized company and growing environment where you can learn and develop new skills and where there is room for initiatives and creativity. We share a positive and caring spirit based on sharing knowledge and respect.
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with reference job 03/21 highlighting how you fit best to each of the requirements above. We value individuality and variety, so use your judgement and write in your own voice (please no standard letters). Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.