Communications Consultant – London
London office is looking for a full-time Communications Consultant. We are looking to complement our strengths in public affairs with a more integrated approach to communications.
This is an exciting role that offers the right candidate the opportunity to use their experience and skills to shape and grow integrated communications across the business. Managing the day-to-day PR and External Communications function, this individual will help to shape and deliver PR and communications, support across a mix of trade bodies and industry alliances we run, in addition to other client opportunities. As well as supporting existing clients, you will be looking for further opportunities both within our existing client base and through new business as we look to expand our integrated offering.
Our clients are a mixture of well-known corporates, innovative start-ups, SMEs, charities and trade associations. You would be involved in high-profile and challenging campaigns as well as helping emerging sector representative bodies off the ground. Tech and health policy are our core sectors at present so any experience or interests in these areas would be welcome.
We are looking for a self-starter who will fit in well with the team and has some interest and/or experience of politics and policy. The ideal successful candidate will have:
- Solid experience with between 2-4 years’ experience of at least 3 years ideally as an established Senior Account Executive or Account Manager from an agency background.
- A full understanding of the media landscape, including digital, with strong media contacts
- A strong track-record of developing successful and impact integrated PR-led campaigns.
- An ability to translate strategy and insights into PR activities with a hands-on approach.
- Outstanding ‘copy ready’ writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to adapt writing to different channels and audiences in line with the brand’s Tone of Voice and values.
- Experience with developing engaging, creative content for owned digital and social channels – experience drawing together weekly content plans and by campaign is key.
- Highly entrepreneurial, ability to thrive in a fast paced and fast growing, dynamic environment – willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in with all levels of work.
- Some experience of working in the health or tech sectors is desirable but not essential
- Some interest/ experience of using public policy agenda to drive communications campaigns is desirable but not essential.
- A desire to upskill colleagues and sharing PR/communications skills.
- An understanding of integrating public affairs activity with PR campaigns (Desirable but not essential)
- Offer type: This is a full-time role
- Location: the role is based in London (Moorgate/Shoreditch area) but will involve remote working to start off with.
- Remuneration: Salary for this role is competitive, dependent upon skills and experience.
Please note that there are likely to be two rounds of interview for this position, which will be conducted remotely.
The closing date is 3rd March 2021. Please note that we will be looking to interview during this period so encourage early applicants.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Andrew@political-intelligence.com