EU Policy Consultant
The consultant will be based in our Brussels office and will work with diverse stakeholders within and outside the company, identify and mitigate policy threats that our clients may face, as well as build the political support.
• Identify policy opportunities and threats for our clients
• Strategic advice on current EU public and regulatory affairs issues
• Investigation into political initiatives and identifying existing and future trends
• Communication advice to key decision-makers and stakeholders
• You have at least 1-3 years of relevant experience in public policy (e.g. EU institutions, in-house, consultancy firm etc.)
• You hold a university degree
• You have a sound knowledge of the EU and institutions
• You have experience on Health, Food and/or Drink.
• You are interested in being on top of policy issues in fast-moving sectors
• You have excellent written and verbal skills in English and have the ability to distil complex policy issues into simple explanations and compelling messages. Other EU languages is an asset.
• You have strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and analyse legislation, rules and regulations
• You have excellent communication skills and can explain complex issues clearly and concisely
• You are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skill
• You have excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals and building good networks of contacts
• You are a team player with a can-do attitude and willingness to jump into any task
You will join:
• A young , dynamic multi-national team of consultants
• A job in the centre of Brussels easily accessible by public transport
• A growing company where you can learn new skills and where there is room for initiatives and creativity
• A positive and caring environment with strong team spirit atmosphere and sharing knowledge spirit
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with reference job 07/19 highlighting how you fit best to each of the requirements above. We value individuality and variety, so use your judgement and write in your own voice (please no standard letters). Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: 04/11/2019