Belgium Public Affairs Consultant
Our Public Affairs consultancy is looking for a consultant with experience in the Belgian political landscape to join our Belgian public affairs team and help drive our clients’ public affairs activities.
The successful candidate will provide strategic advice, analyse relevant public policies, support outreach to policymakers and manage client relationships.
If you have a passion for the Belgian politics and you enjoy being on top of policy developments in fast-moving sectors you might be the one we’re looking for!
What will be your main responsibilities?
You’ll be a valuable asset to our team and will be given various responsibilities. Using your strong analytical and communication skills, you’ll be a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Identify policy opportunities and threats for our client
- Give strategic advice on ongoing policy developments
- Monitor and analyse political initiatives and draft policy briefs
- Engage with relevant key decision-makers and stakeholders
- Design and implement Public Affairs strategies and campaigns
What are we looking for?
- You have at least 2 to 5 years of experience working in a consultancy, at a cabinet or for a parliamentary member, in a public administration or for a trade association in Belgium
- You have a sound knowledge of the Belgian political landscape, decision-making processes and stakeholders
- You are a native speaker of Dutch or French and have a very good knowledge of the second national language and English
- You hold a university level Master’s degree in Political Science, Economy, Law, History or another relevant field
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and analyse policy documents and research reports
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, enjoy social interactions and get pleasure out of building networks of relevant contacts in Belgian policymaking
- You have excellent communication skills using tact and diplomacy with the capacity to explain complex issues clearly and concisely
- You have excellent written and verbal skills in French or Dutch and English, other EU languages are an asset
- You are flexible, well-organized and can handle multiple tasks independently
What makes us special?
We’re a gender balanced and eco-friendly lobbying firm with a multi-national team composed of talented consultants, pulling each other up in a friendly and caring environment where there is room for initiatives.
We nurture your personality and value a “think outside the box” mindset.
Apart from our friendly environment and unique team dynamic, we’re a quickly growing company where you can learn and develop new skills and where there is always room for initiatives and creativity.
What’s in it for you?
By joining our team, you will be working in a medium-sized company and growing environment where you can learn and develop new skills and where there is room for initiatives and creativity. We share a positive and caring spirit based on sharing knowledge and respect.
Last but not least, we offer an attractive package that includes:
- An attractive salary in accordance to your experience
- A collective bonus opportunity
- Extra holidays
- Full medical coverage
- Working from home flexibility
- Full reimbursement of public transport
- Meal vouchers
- A company iPhone at your disposal with paid mobile subscriptions
- Training opportunities, and more…
How to join us?
Did you recognise yourself in our description? Then send us your resume and best cover letter on email@example.com with reference “0422” highlighting how you fit best to each of the requirements above. We value individuality and variety, so use your judgement and write in your own voice.