Belgium Public Affairs Consultant
From our office in Brussel, a team of consultants dedicated to Belgian affairs is supporting numerous important clients In the digital, energy, health and F&B sectors in getting their voices heard in the political and public arena.
The successful candidate will provide intelligence, analyse relevant public policies, support outreach to policymakers and manage client relationships.
Essential job functions
- Identify policy opportunities and threats for our client
- Give strategic advice on current public affairs issues
- Monitor and analyse political initiatives and draft policy briefs
- Engage with relevant key decision-makers and stakeholders
- Design and implement Public Affairs strategies and campaigns
- You have at least 2 to 5 years of relevant experience
- You are enthusiastic and interested in being on top of policy in fast-moving sectors
- You have a good knowledge of the political landscape in Belgium
- You are a native speaker of Dutch or French and have a very good knowledge of the second national language and English
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and analyse legislations
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, enjoy social interactions and building networks of relevant contacts
- You have excellent communication skills using tact and diplomacy with the capacity to explain complex issues clearly and concisely
- You have excellent written and verbal skills in French or Dutch and English, other EU languages are an asset
- You are flexible, well-organized and can handle multiple tasks independently
You will join
- A young, dynamic, multi-national team of talented consultants
- A job in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport
- A medium-sized company and growing environment where you can learn and develop new skills and where there is room for initiative and creativity
- A positive and caring environment with strong team spirit atmosphere
- We offer an attractive package that includes extra holiday, a full medical coverage, working from home flexibility, the full reimbursement of public transport, meal vouchers, a company iPhone at your disposal and paid mobile subscriptions, training opportunities…
How to apply?
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume and cover letter before 20 september to email@example.com with reference job 1821 highlighting how you fit best to each of the requirements above. We value individuality and variety, so use your judgement and write in your own voice (please no standard letters). Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.