Belgian Public Affairs Internship – Brussels
Political Intelligence (PI) is looking for a motivated intern to join our Belgian team and help drive our clients’ public affairs activities. The intern will assist in the development and management of projects contributing to our clients’ strategic goals.
- Assist in the work for key client accounts
- Follow debates in the Belgium political Institutions
- Prepare regular news reports and political analysis
- Assist in the coordination and organisation of events
- Attend conferences, seminars, hearings
- Research on various issues, as needed
- Writing summaries or short reports
- Follow the daily news
- You are interested in being on top of policy issues in fast-moving sectors
- You have a passion for Belgian and European politics
- You hold a university level degree
- You have strong analytical skills and capacity to analyse and interpret legislation, rules and regulations
- You are a native speaker of Dutch or French (with a good knowledge of the second national language) and have a full proficiency in English
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal and social skills
- You are flexible and can handle multiple tasks independently
- There will be an allowance of +/- 800 € per month
- Full reimbursement of public transport
- 1 day of vacation per month
- Meal vouchers
- Flexible work hours, training opportunities, etc.
- The internship will ideally start as soon as possible for a period of 6 months
- The office working languages are English, Dutch and French
You will join
- A recognised public and regulatory affairs consultancy, with over 20 years of lobbying experience that has managed to build long term relationships with its clients- we become both trusted advisors and an integral part of the clients’ own team.
- A young, dynamic multi-national team of consultants
- A job in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport
- A growing company where you can learn new skills and where there is room for initiative and creativity
- A positive and caring environment with strong team spirit atmosphere and knowledge-sharing spirit
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining the team, please send your resume and cover letter before 30th September to email@example.com with reference job 2321 highlighting how you fit best to each of the requirements above. We value individuality, so use your judgement and write in your own voice (please no standard letters).