Business Development Lead – London Office
Summary of role:
This role will focus around leading business development initiatives for a key trade association client of Political Intelligence with a focus on raising the profile of the organisation to both its current membership, potential new members and sponsors as well as its wider stakeholder audience. There will be also opportunities for the right candidate to use their skillset to develop the role by supporting other clients as well as new business initiatives for Political Intelligence.
We are looking for a self-starter with a minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in sales or a relevant role working within trade associations and membership organisations. Any experience or interest in the Internet and telecommunications industry, as well as the wider tech sector would be desirable.
Working for: Political Intelligence
Location: Central London
Political Intelligence is an independent public affairs consultancy that helps support various organisations who wish to participate in the policy making process. With a presence in all the key European markets and partners elsewhere, we have over twenty years’ experience of providing our clients with practical public affairs advice to help them navigate the political and regulatory environment and communicate their positions effectively to the relevant stakeholders. Our professional and dedicated team of consultants provide a range of services tailored to the requirements of our clients to achieve their business objectives. We have expertise in a number of sectors, and an expertise in running trade associations, in the Internet, telecommunications and wider technology areas as well as energy/utilities, healthcare and transport.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our friendly London team, based in the City. The priority for the successful candidate will be working for an established and leading internet industry trade association, who Political Intelligence are contracted to support on a whole range of services. The candidate will be expected to be involved on various activities, including the development of sponsorship opportunities, leading on membership engagement and recruitment as well contributing to the organisation’s events programme. This outward-looking and client-facing role will be an integral part of the small team that run this specific client and offers the right candidate the opportunity to become extremely well known within the relevant organisation, with significant facetime with members and senior industry representatives.
As the role develops, we would expect there to be opportunities to also work on other specific clients with similar needs. Over time, we would also envisage the successful candidate supporting business development initiatives for Political Intelligence itself to help build its client base and grow the business. This would involve supporting the management team in identifying and engaging with new prospects, coordinating the lead generation activity and proactively networking to seek opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, entrepreneurial, well-organised, and with first-rate communication skills. Key areas of responsibility for the role will include:
- Implementing a sponsorship strategy around specific keynote events for the trade association client
- Actively recruiting new members for the trade association client
- Developing strong relations with existing members to aid retention
- Helping to coordinate (with the team members) the important trade association flagship events programme
- Coordinating business development activity for Political Intelligence with the management team – once the primary focus of the role has been suitably established
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ sales and/or business development experience. Likewise, experience working for trade associations or membership organisations would also be of interest
- Proven sales/sponsorship generation skills with an effective track record of delivering in previous roles
- Experience or interest within the Internet or technology industry is desirable but not essential
- The ability to work independently and proactively but also as part of a team
- A good communicator and strong networker
- Strong organisational skills with a solid work ethic and the self-motivation to make the role their own
- Competence in using various sales channels (CRM tools, LinkedIn, email campaign tools, cold calling, networking events etc.)
- Knowledge and an interest in current affairs is again desirable but not essential
Contact: Please send a two page CV and a one page cover letter outlining how your experience meets the job criteria, or to informally discuss the role, to: firstname.lastname@example.org