We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic full-time public affairs consultant, with a minimum of 2 years UK Public Affairs/Parliamentary Experience to join our friendly London team, who are based in Westminster. We are looking for a “generalist” consultant although specific experience in energy/utilities and/or healthcare policy would be of benefit. The role is purely focussed around our UK clients.
Your primary role will be to work across a range of accounts across a number of sectors, taking the lead for specific client areas and providing support on others. The role will also involve working with at least one membership organisation/ trade association client. The work will include developing briefings and reports, drafting consultation responses, supporting engagement programmes (with Government, parliamentarians, civil servants and other relevant groups), political monitoring and event management. It will also require a regular dialogue with clients with on-going strategic advice. The role will play an active part in both new business and marketing initiatives. We would expect you to work fully with other team members in both researching and engaging new client prospects. There would also be a certain element of managing/coordinating work of other members of the team on specific clients. This role would form an essential part of our consultant team with excellent opportunities for personal development.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge of UK Parliament, politics, procedure and policy
- Excellent writing and briefing skills
- Ability to confidently communicate a range of complex policies to senior representatives
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience either in a Public Affairs Agency, working in Parliament or within an in-house public affairs role
- Strong organisational skills and a track record of handling and delivering successful projects, and/or campaigns
- Participation/interest in party politics is desirable but not essential
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong interest in generating and working on new business projects
- Competence in social media is desirable
- Solid work ethic with the self-motivation to make the role their own
Closing date: Tuesday 29th April. First round interviews will be held towards the end of April and the beginning of May. Starting date will be as soon as possible.
Contact: Send a two page CV and a one page cover letter outlining how your experience meets the job criteria, to email@example.com